Saturday, February 2, 2008

Today Riley and I were so lucky to be able to go to President Hinckley's funeral with my Mom and Dad. I was able to learn a little bit more about him today that reaffirmed to me how great a man he really is. I can't even begin to imagine the reunion in Heaven. When his daughter talked about his sorrow and grief he has felt with his wife's passing and his strength he has had to put on his shoes and go to work, made my life seem so easy. Funeral's are so exhausting, yet they are a beautiful time of reflection. I know I have vowed to make my life better from today on. I am so thankful for his wonderful example, his humor, and his testimony.

3 comments:

AP said...

What a special experience to share with Riley. Something you'll never forget...

Suzy said...

I am so glad that you had that opportunity. I must have been awesome.

JT said...

Lucky girl! I'm so glad that Riley go to go too! What spiritual experiences this 8 year old has had in the last 5 months!