Friday, January 4, 2008


I have been trying to think of a book to read to start off the new year. I think I am going to read Mansfield Park by Jane Austen.
I know that seems like such a boring read, but I have been reading a lot of classics lately. I am going to try and finish reading all of Jane Austen's books just to say I did it. I've read Pride and Prejudice-I didn't really understand the book until I watched the movie, but I love it. I've read Sense and Sensibility and I liked the book, but not the movie. They are very hard reads, but I feel very accomplished when I am done. So far, all I know about Mansfield Park is that it is different from her other books. She wrote Mansfield Park when she was 36 and according to a critic she was already in her spinster years and had no romance left in her. I sure hope that when I turn 36 my life is still romantic. I don't know if I will enjoy this book since I am a hopeless romantic. I will probably try it anyway, and will let you know what I think.

2 comments:

Suzy said...

Let me know how you like the book. By the way, I love your blog design!

The Birch Bunch said...

Go Sarah - let us know what you think. I'm always looking for a good read.