Friday, June 27, 2008

French Night

It is time for Dinner Club again. The theme was French food. The food was sooooo good. We had quiche, souffle, cream puffs, chicken (yummy), panini's, pastries, bread, couscous salad, crepes, veggies, etc. There was so much food!! I made the crepes and the brioche. The crepes were a lot of fun to make, and they taste so yummy.
Crepes
2 C. all purpose flour
1 C milk
6 T butter, melted
3 eggs
4 T sugar
1/4 tsp salt
Add all ingredients except for the milk. Add milk a little at a time until the batter is a liquid consistency. Add 3 T to a pan set on medium low heat. Swirl around in pan till the bottom of the pan is covered with batter. Cook the crepe for 1 minute until the crepe is slightly moist on top and golden underneath. Gently flip and cook for 1 more minute. Serve with fruit, jelly, whipped cream, syrup, yogurt, etc.


Chocolate Hazelnut Crepes
1 C chocolate hazelnut spread
4 Crepes
4 bananas sliced(or any fruit)
Can of cool whip
Spread crepe with hazelnut spread. Put sliced bananas down the center of each one. Roll up, and warm in frying pan for about 90 seconds. Transfer to plate and top with cool whip.

French Brioche
1/3 C warm water
1/2 tsp dry active yeast
3 eggs
2 egg yolks
3/4 C butter, softened
3 1/3 C. all purpose flour
1/4 C white sugar

1 egg white
2 T water
Combine warm water and yeast. Let sit 5 minutes. Add eggs, butter, flour, and sugar. Knead 5-10 minutes. I found that I needed a little more flour. Divide into 3 Sections. Twist each section and braid together. Let rise in warm place ( I used my oven) for 30-45 minutes, until doubled in size. Mix the egg white and water. Spread on top of bread and bake at 350 for 20 minutes.



5 comments:

Mandy said...

Sarah, This is Mandy from Dinner Club. Thanks so much for letting me come last night and for posting your recipes. I will post mine on my site today ... it is bmjbhardman.blogspot.com Also...do you mind if I put your's on my blog?...Thanks again...everything was wonderful!!

JT said...

Sarah, awesome as always! Those crepes were so good and so was the brioche! Thanks for sharing the recipe, I've got to try them out!

Beckstrom Bunch said...

Loved the brioche and have been craving it ever since!! Thanks for making my mouth happy : )

Cannon Family said...

HiSarah!

It's Annie! I loved the crepes and brioche. I will try the crepes for sure, but I can't bake to save my life so the other is probably out!

It was so fun to meet you guys and share recipes. I'll get my recipe posted today!

See you next month!

AP said...

I just realized I didn't try the brioche. Maybe it's because my plate was overflowing with really rich, really fabulous food. Now I have to make it...thanks for posting the recipe!